RSVP for June 24th on Facebook or Strava to keep up on details!
To follow up on a promise made earlier this year…GBC is coming back!
After having to cancel our first ever Send It Marin this January because of wet conditions, we’ll be returning Saturday, June 24th ready to run it back.
The route will cover 36.3 miles with over 3,300 feet of climbing with about 50/50 dirt to road ratio (NOTE: We may reverse the loop based on conditions).
Before the details, PLEASE READ THE RIDE RULES:
- The climbing will take A LOT OF work. These rides will be extremely difficult if you’re a first timer or working your way back.
- We will meet at the Java Hut(760 Center Blvd.) for coffee at 9am, roll at 9:30am.
- Parking is impacted in the neighborhood with time restrictions. Come early and look to park a few blocks off in the residential. Suggestions: Manor Elementary School, by the baseball field downtown, Peri Park, Archie Williams High School parking lot.
- The dirt is technical in certain sections. Good working brakes are a must!
- Make sure to bring your own tubes and a couple of water bottles. Everyone rides at their own risk. We’ll be stopping in Samuel Taylor State Park at mile 11 for refills.
- Riding tires 40mm and above will do the trick for most, as the climbs are steep, while the downhill can be technical.
- There will be a number of regroups, but once everyone’s back, we roll!
- This will not be race pace, but we reiterate this ride is tough. If you’re just getting back into riding, I suggest you read Rule #1 again.
We will be meeting at Java Hut Fairfax for coffee at 9 AM and rolling promptly at 9:30 AM.
The first fourteen miles as relatively flat with an early dirt sector in Loma Alta leading us up to Lagunitas Creek.
Then we start with our biggest climb up to Bolinas Ridge with epic views down to the Pacific Ocean.
We’ll be descending our way back into town by Alpine Lake taking some backroad trails to finish it off.
After the ride, we’ll be convening at the The Lodge housed in a century old building for food and drinks.
If you want to extend your day, don’t forget the Marin Museum of Bicycling is just down the street.
There are a few post ride options we’ll be updating at the end, so RSVP for June 24th on Facebook or Strava to keep up on details!