The Send It Series is back in daytime and is always glad expanding into new regions.
First, important notes for this ride:
- The climbing is will take some work and this ride punches above its weight. These rides will be difficult if you’re a first timer or working your way back. Some of the climbs are pitchy.
- The ride will start at Arlington Heights Sports Park, 9401 Cleveland Ave., with water and bathrooms available. Post ride festivities will take place a mile away at Thompson Brewery, 9900 Indiana Ave #7 (pro-tip: park there and ride to the start if you’re staying after).
- Parking is available at the park & the ride will start promptly at 8:00 am.
- There will be a number of regroups, but once everyone’s back, we roll!
- Make sure to bring your own tubes and a couple of water bottles. Everyone rides at their own risk. We’ll be stopping at mile 12 & 26 for refills.
- Riding tires 38mm and above will do the trick for most, as there will be some ruts and technical aspects to the ride.
- This will not be race pace. At the same time, you have to be in the good to great shape range to do this ride even in the Party Pace group. If you’re just getting back into riding, I suggest you read Rule #1 again.
We’ll be riding around the California Citrus Historic State Park and the backroads around the surrounding foothills.
While the route only carries about three thousand feet of gain, there are some punchy climbs to content with.
Don’t forget to RSVP and look forward to seeing you out there October 23rd!