The heat is getting hot, so it’s time to push our rides back to later hours, but with better views.
Send It Nocturnal is back and we’ll be meeting over at Stotts Bicycles (509 N. Victory Blvd.) in Burbank on Friday, July 21.
We’ve compacted our Griffith Park route from last year to twenty miles, and while it doesn’t feature dirt, in the evening you’re going to want wider tires to cover some of these rugged roads.
Some important details to review for the ride:
- This isn’t our most difficult ride, but the climbing is real. Please be ready for the efforts.
- The ride will instructions promptly at 6pm.
- Helmets and lights required
- There will be a number of regroups, but once everyone’s back, we roll!
- Make sure to bring your own tubes and a couple of water bottles, as there won’t be water stops. Everyone rides at their own risk.
- This is a road bike ready route, but gravel might be preferred in the evening.
- This will not be race pace. At the same time, you have to be in the good to great shape range to do this ride. If you’re just getting back into riding, I suggest you read Rule #1 again.
The ride will head south from Stotts Bicycles to Griffith Park rolling up Trash Truck doing a counter-clockwise loop stopping at the helipad.
We’ll return on Vista del Valle which has patches of dirt with shoddy conditions with a punchy climb at the end.
Afterwards, we’ll be post-gaming in the Burbank area, so add your name to the invite list to get details.