Grizzly Cycles is one of our favorite shops in California that brings the stoke and a proper place to kick off our Send It Series for 2024.
This route is among our flattest as a good part of the route will follow some of the canals of the Central Valley.
Before getting into the details, here are the RIDE RULES.
- The climbing on this ride is minimal, but we will be adding extra milage than normal. .
- We will meet at Grizzly Cycles (2305 Alta Vista Dr) at 8:00am, roll at 8:15am.
- Parking is available in the neighborhood along Alta Vista Drive.
- The dirt is technical in certain sections. Good working brakes are a must!
- Everyone rides at their own risk. Make sure to bring your own tubes and a couple of water bottles. We’ll be stopping at mile 18 for refills.
- Riding tires 40mm and above will do the trick for most for some of the country roads. There’s a short technical downhill at the start, but this is the flattest route to date.
- There will be a number of regroups, but once everyone’s back, we roll!
- This will not be race pace, but there is a good amount of milage. If you’re just getting back into riding, I suggest you read Rule #1 again.
We’ll be riding out of Grizzly Cycles with our most technical section riding down to the Kern River in the first couple of miles.
The route then continues out of Bakersfield as we’ll be following the Calloway Canal northwest towards Shafter.
In town, we’ll be stopping to refuel at Tin Cup Coffee at mile 25 for coffee and pastries.
After, we’ll continue our loop clockwise making our way east of Highway 99.
From there, we’ll be passing Califa Farms getting back onto dirt riding along the Lerdo Canal on our way back to Bakersfield.
We love the chill vibes riding out of Grizzly Cycles so join us for the spirit of gravel January 27th!